Hey guys! I get asked this a lot so I decided to enter directions on how to beat the Underground Shrine in Total Chaos, you know, the area with all the darkness and stuff. You're supposed to light the way with candles but finding the first one can be a little tricky...
Alright, here we go!
The black screen is intentional. You're supposed to light the way with candles. Here specific directions to reach the first candle:
FROM THE STARTING POINT (without moving):
1) Take FIVE STEPS DOWN
2) Take SEVEN STEPS to the LEFT
3) Take TWO STEPS UP
4) Take EIGHT STEPS to the LEFT and you will arrive at the second section:
5) Now, take FORTY-SEVEN STEPS to the LEFT.
6) Take ONE STEP UP
7) Click ENTER and you'll arrive at a small room.
8) Next, take SIX STEPS UP and click ENTER and you'll have your first candle. If you click enter and nothing happens, and turn RIGHT ONCE and hit enter again.
Each candle lasts for about five minutes before going out. That said, this dungeon is short compared to the others, so you can easily breeze through the battles and rack up the candles, thus no longer having to worry about another "blackout." However, if you were to skip every random encounter in that dungeon, that WILL NOT hurt you at all when facing the boss. :)
I hope that helps.
Don't worry, you will never see anything like this again in any of my games.