What you are looking at here is a gameplay video of a project that is scheduled to follow 'A Nightmare in Sunnydale'. It happens to be called GATEKEEPER. This video was recorded during the last week of 2012. A few things have changed since then, but this is pretty much the gist of it.
Here are a few things you should know about Gatekeeper.
- It's an RPG.
- It's a cyberpunk RPG.
- It's a cybperpunk RPG with elements of fantasy and New Age philosophy. There may be some creepy bits thrown in there, too, by the way.
- It continues the sandbox gameplay that 'Sunnydale' has. Also has branching pathways.
- There will be a total 13 playable characters, and you can swap any of them in/out of your party at any time, battles included. There will also be two hidden characters for your chosing, potentially bringing the number of PCs to 14.
- It may or may not have a New Game+ feature.
- It was inspired by the Sierra games of old, specifically Rise of the Dragon. The Gabriel Knight series was also an influence -- and, at risk of sounding vain, Onyx! Futhermore, as you can see, it borrows its look from Vanity (remember that game?)
- Gatekeeper will be different than my other games because it is more plot-driven than character-driven, which is pretty nice for me but this is so that I get this game out in timely matter, and can finally say farewell to RPGM (I'll just be playing games instead).
Before I depart, here's a summary for your reading pleasure!
Ganymede's mortal life was cut short when he was killed in the middle of graduating college. Soon after, he is given another chance at life as a GATEKEEPER, gifted individuals who harbor inside them souls of a god-lite entities. Under the guidance of Dr. Dylan Perry, Ganymede learns about himself and his powers -- as well as befriend others like him. When the presence of another gatekeeper shows up on Perry's radar, Ganymede and his friends race to find this individual before The Dark Child does, a fearsome foe who will stop at nothing to rid the world of gatekeepers, despite being a gatekeeper herself. The mission takes a horrific turn when they are too late, and Ganymede's life is once again turned upside down. With his back against the wall, he is forced to fight back, but at what cost? And is The Dark Child his true enemy? Furthermore, what is Eden and what role does it play in all this? How can Ganymede save reality when it is his very existence that disturbs it?
GATEKEEPER is a high-modern tale that combines cyperpunk, fantasy, drama, and New Age philosophy to deliver an RPG with more twists and turns than a pretzel.